■ Consideration of Participant's Health Status
In the Gyeongju International Marathon, injuries and fatal accidents may occur. Participants are strongly advised to consider their own health conditions before submitting their participation applications. As a precautionary measure, the organizers will have ambulances stationed at key points. However, in the event of injuries or accidents during the race, the insurance company will cover expenses within the limits of the personal accident insurance policy, and the organizers will not be held responsible. Participants must ensure their capability to run without any issues by undergoing a medical examination and make a decision accordingly.
■ Insurance Coverage
Participants of the Dong-A Ilbo 2023 Gyeongju International Marathon are covered by insurance under the following conditions:
Coverage Scope of the Dong-A Ilbo 2023 Gyeongju International Marathon Insurance
(1) The term "during the competition" refers to the period from participating in the marathon race until completing the race and dispersing.
(2) Injury is defined as sudden, unforeseen external impact causing bodily harm due to an external shock.
(3) Post-marathon injury sequelae refer to permanent residual damage to the body that remains even after healing from an accident (injury) occurring suddenly and unexpectedly during the marathon race. Compensation will be based on the degree of disability.
This coverage is applicable solely to post-injury sequelae related to injuries and does not apply to pre-existing illnesses or disabilities.
(4) Accidental deaths caused by excessive drinking or similar behavior after completing the race may be subject to investigation. Events unrelated to the marathon race are not covered.
Therefore, we urge participants to avoid activities like excessive drinking that could impede post-race physical recovery.
▲ Due to recent changes in the Financial Supervisory Service's regulations, the coverage for marathon medical expenses that has been in effect thus far cannot be applied.
• According to Article 7-50, Paragraph 2, Subparagraph 2 of the Insurance Supervision Regulations, payment for injury and illness treatment expenses is not possible. Participants desiring medical expense coverage are advised to individually seek insurance.
• ※ For insurance-related inquiries, please contact 케이지에이 Asset Co., Ltd. at 010-7134-4038 for guidance.
■ Gathering Time and Location
Gathering Time: Saturday, October 21, 2023, 7:00 AM
Gathering Location: Gyeongju Citizens' Stadium
Start Time: Saturday, October 21, 2023, 8:00 AM
Full Course / Half Course: Individuals aged 18 and above with good physical health who agree to the participant guidelines.
10km / 5km Course: Individuals with good physical health who agree to the participant guidelines.
• For active registered athletes participating in disciplines such as track and field, triathlon, modern pentathlon, where records are measured and rankings are assigned based on running performance, participation is allowed. However, they will be excluded from award consideration. Also, participants who have been registered as Korea Association of Athletics Federations athletes within the last 2 years or have participated in national competitions as regional representatives will be excluded from award consideration.
• Race Office: 16th Floor, Dong-A Ilbo Building, 29 Chungjeong-ro, Seodaemun-gu, Seoul, South Korea, 03737
• Phone: 02-361-1425~7
• Fax: 02-361-1361
■ Participant Cancellation and Refund
Participant cancellations are possible until 1:00 PM on Thursday, September 21, 2023. After this time, cancellations and refunds will not be allowed.
• Credit Card and Virtual Account Cancellations: For credit card payments and virtual account cancellations, after verifying your identity, the cancellation and refund process will be approved. Refunds may take 3 to 7 business days to be processed.
• How to Cancel Participation: After contacting the race office, you can request a refund through a personal verification process.
■ Gathering and Departure Instructions
Participants must arrive at the Gyeongju Citizens' Stadium by 7:00 AM.
After arriving at the gathering location, change into your running attire in the dressing room, store your belongings in the storage area, and prepare for departure after properly warming up within the gathering area.
The races will start in the following order at 8:00 AM: Full Course, Half Course, 10km, and 5km. Timing will be measured using the Net-Time method, starting from when you cross the starting mat. For the safety of all participants, please start with ample distance between each other.
■ Course Time Limits
To minimize inconvenience to residents as the course passes through Gyeongju city, strict time limits of 5 hours for the Full Course, 2 hours 30 minutes for the Half Course, and 1 hour 30 minutes for the 10km Course will be enforced.
After the time limits for each distance, traffic controls will be automatically lifted, so please cooperate to finish within the allotted time. Always follow the instructions of the race officials.
■ Changing Rooms and Bag Storage
For participants' convenience, the race office will operate changing rooms and bag storage on the event day. Storage areas will be divided by race category, and you must store your belongings in the designated storage area for your race. Before the race starts, please take your time to store your belongings securely.
To retrieve your belongings after completing the race, present the storage sticker received during the storage process.
(However, valuable items will not be stored, and the race organizers will not be responsible for lost items as the contents of stored items cannot be confirmed in advance.)
There have been incidents of theft of cash and valuables at marathon event venues, so please be cautious and avoid carrying cash and valuables other than the essential items you need for the race day.
■ Beverage and Refreshments
At every 5km point and the finish line, water and ion drinks will be provided. Wet sponges will be available every 5km after the 7.5km mark. At the 15km, 25km, and 35km points, nutrition supplements in the form of snacks will be provided.
■ Record Measurement Chip Usage Guide
The recording method uses Net-Time, which starts measuring from the moment you pass the starting point.
Upon receiving the chip and participant number tag by mail, please verify that they are correctly attached. If there are any issues, please contact the race office at (02-361-1425~7).
The record measurement chip is attached to the back of the participant BIB number tag. Please take note of the following:
• Do not bend or remove the record measurement chip.
• The participant number tag with the attached chip should be properly worn for your valuable record to be captured.
• (Ensure the participant number tag is visibly worn on the front to be recognized.)
• The chip is disposable and does not need to be returned.
■ Disqualification Policy
Once the payment is completed and participation is confirmed, participant transfers and proxy participation will not be recognized.
Participant substitutions and proxy participation will result in disqualification, and a certificate of participation will not be issued. Any acts of misconduct that interfere with the accurate recording (assessment) of results, including running with another person's chip or causing disruptions, will result in the disqualification of the involved participants' records.
Failure to attach the participant number tag on the event day, tampering with it, or attaching it after making changes will result in the participant being barred from participating by event officials, and their record will not be recognized.
■ Items Provided
Participant BIB number tags and commemorative items will be sent to the address you provided during registration via mail, and the mailing costs will be covered by the organizers.
*Participant items will be sent in advance.
Finisher medals will be distributed on-site only to participants who complete the race.
Gyeongju International Marathon collects personal information from applicants that can be used to identify individuals, such as legal names and resident registration numbers.
• Mandatory items: Names, dates of birth, race categories, addresses, contact information, email addresses, etc. The collected personal information will be used for insurance registration provided by the organizers and notifications related to the event (via email, text messages). In order to provide better service, the personal information may be shared with sponsors and partner organizations.
• No other commercial purposes will involve disclosing personal information to third parties, companies, or institutions.
■ Group Registrations
Group registrations are not allowed; only individual registrations are accepted.
■ Other Matters
The Dong-A Marathon Office holds the authority to revoke participant eligibility, issue special invitations, suspend or cancel the event (with no refund in case of event cancellation due to unforeseen circumstances), and change the course. Other matters are governed by the 2023 regulations of the Korea Association of Athletics Federations (KAAF).